Account admins, hosts and moderators can customise the email message that is sent with both bulk email invites and any individual invites sent using the Guild email system.
To edit the email invite message:
- Visit the web admin via your desktop
- On the 'Groups' screen, click the name of your group and scroll down to the 'Email invite' setting
- Click edit to change your message and save when you're done.
Hosts and moderators:
- In the 'Groups' section of the app, tap the name of the group where you want to edit invites
- Tap the three dot menu (top right) and select 'Edit group'
- Scroll down to 'Invitation message' and make changes directly in the box
- Tap save when you're done.
There is no character limit and you can include links displayed in full.
It's not possible to include hyperlinks, images or @mentions in these messages.
The email invites are always sent from Guild and come from the group host, rather than the individual clicking send.
Previewing your email invite
- Visit the group home screen on either mobile or desktop.
- Click/tap 'Invite to group' in the banner at the top of the screen
- Select 'email invite'
- Add a name and email address and click next. These can be dummy names and addresses - you're not sending anything at the moment.
- This will display a preview of the message which you can then cancel.