Guild did some research and found that while around 70% of professionals used WhatsApp, only 38% of those used it at work.
And 75% want an alternative. Here's why:
- WhatsApp is not compliant with privacy legislation like GDPR. Guild is.
- WhatsApp is introducing adverts. Guild will never have ads.
- WhatsApp has no profiles so you don’t know who people are. Guild has professional profiles.
- WhatsApp has no admin dashboard to see all the groups you are running. Guild does.
- WhatsApp does not provide business-grade support or account management. Guild does.
- WhatsApp has a single stream of chat. Guild has threaded chats.
- When you join a WhatsApp group you can’t see any content from before. In Guild you can.
- In WhatsApp the group joining/leaving experience is very abrupt. In Guild it is much more respectful.
- You can’t edit content in WhatsApp, nor delete it after 1hr. In Guild you can edit/delete your content forever. You can even delete all your group contributions and profile.
- WhatsApp is reliant on (increasingly overwhelming) mobile push notifications. Guild provides email alternatives.
- WhatsApp groups are branded by each individual user. In Guild the host controls the branding.
- WhatsApp’s web version is limited and only works in the presence of your phone. Guild has a full web version that is live-synced with the native apps.
- WhatsApp groups are limited in size to 256. Guild supports any size group.
- In WhatsApp you can only see message info for your own messages. In Guild you can see info on any message.
- WhatsApp has no reactions for messages. Guild has the Applause reaction to express gratitude/agreement.